Monday, August 16, 2010

The Plumbing is Fixed!

So we moved into our new house on August 6th, a week later than we had planned. Fortunately, our realtor was willing to drive to Columbus so we could close on Friday rather than waiting to close until Monday. And between DH, Papa, BIL, Grandpa, and the realtor, all the plumbing problems are now fixed. And trust me, there were a lot of plumbing problems. It seemed like as soon as they fixed one, another one popped up. We still need to get someone out there to clear some slow drains, but, everything is useable for now.

A few days ago, DH locked himself out of the house. So instead of calling a locksmith, he kicked in the back door, so replacing the back door got added to our list of home repairs.

Now of course, we still have plenty of things to keep us busy, like hang blinds, hang a medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom, hang a smoke detector, fix the hole in the diningroom wall, repaint, weed the gardens, fix the fence, and the list keeps going on, and on, and on....

On a different note, DH starts third shift today. He goes in at 11:00pm and gets off at 7:30am. I sure hope he can stay awake, and then rest during the day. I have a feeling he is going to skimp on sleep to work on the house, at least for this first week. I'm going to miss sleeping with him. And, I have to get used to getting DS and myself ready in the mornings with out DH around to help. Still, I'm thankful he has a job in this economy. I hope he ends up liking the work he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment