Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another Autumn begins

Where did the summer go?   These last few weeks have been a blur, unpacking, working on home improvement projects and just plan old everyday life.  

So here we are in September again.   This is the time of year DH is always asking me "What can I get you for your birthday?" and I never know what to say.  He always asks to get me stuff I want not need and it's hard to come up with ideas.  What a dilemma.

I'm really looking forward to a nice, crisp fall.  This year, we have our own backyard to sit in.  We can watch the trees change colors from our very own windows.  Of course, that also means that we have our very own leaves to rake up too. (really, they're from the neighbors trees, so can we ask the neighbors to rake them up?)

I'm also planning our garden for next year.  Now is the time to get great bargains on perennials so I got the OK from DH to spend a bit of money and my little sister came over to help me plant some mums and ground cover in the front beds.    I'm also planning on planting about 150 crocus bulbs in the backyard.  There is this one bare spot where the grass doesn't grow because there is too much shade, but in the winter and early spring before the trees have leafed out there should be plenty of sun to warm up the crocuses and get them to bloom.

At some point I'll get back to my sewing, but there will be plenty of time for that in the winter when it's too cold to go outside.  For now, I'll enjoy the nice weather as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment