I finally found this quilt! It was lost in the storage room ever since we moved last summer and I only found it recently (after winter was over, of course).
Grandma gave this to me when I was looking for a new project to start. It is a kit from Joann's and she picked it up on clearance with her employee discount several years ago and never finished it. She had already pieced the log cabin and rail fence blocks so I got to do all the applique. While I'm not going to swear off applique in the future, I think it will be used sparingly. This quilt was started in November of 2008 and was finished in December of 2009.