Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April happenings

So I've finally had a chance to quilt the baby quilt I started a few months ago. Unfortunately, that chance came because I was under orders to take it easy this weekend after a miscarriage this past Friday. I originally planned to donate this quilt to charity, but now I think I will hold onto it as a reminder of the little one we lost.

This is an Advent Calendar that I started right before Christmas. It was a nice little hand quilting project to take on road trips.  It still needs a rod pocket and I also plan to print little Jesse Tree symbols to go in the pockets.  Each day of December, we can take a symbol out, read the Bible story connected to it, and hang it on a Jesse Tree.


And finally, here are some blocks I made to go into a sampler quilt our sewing circle is putting together.   I always like to try someting new, and with only two blocks to make, I don't mind spending some extra time on a complicated pattern.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment